Davis School District Announces Late Start, U Of U Cancels Morning Classes Due To Winter Storm
FARMINGTON, Utah – Officials with the Davis School District have announced a two-hour late start for all schools and facilities on Monday while University of Utah officials said all classes before 12:30 p.m. are canceled.
All Davis School District kindergarten and preschool classes will be canceled, according to Sunday’s announcement.
Officials said if the weather worsens the decision to cancel school will be made by 6 a.m.
Granite, Salt Lake City, Murray and Tooele County school district officials said they are monitoring the weather and will announce any delays or cancelations according to their established procedures.
University of Utah officials said Feb. 3 classes before 12:30 p.m. are canceled. The University of Utah Health System will remain open and an update on afternoon classes is expected by 11 a.m. Monday.
More details and updates at https://t.co/paCiWmVeD9 ❄️
— University of Utah (@UUtah) February 3, 2020
The KSL Weather team expects northern and central valleys to see four to eight inches of snow while benches and other areas could see up to 12 inches by the end of the storm.
Three to six inches could fall before the Monday commute in Davis County, according to KSL Meteorologist Dan Guthrie.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8296)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 5701)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4813)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3465)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3004)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2451)