UDOT Crews Preparing For Winter Road Conditions
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Department of Transportation crews began preparations for a winter storm that will hit Utah overnight.
“All indications are that this is going to be a major winter blast,” said UDOT spokesperson John Gleason. “When people wake up tomorrow morning, I think it’s going to be a shock to their systems.”
Snowplow crews are anticipating a lot of snow and some extremely cold temperatures.
— Tania Mashburn (@taniadeanksl) February 3, 2020
“It could be treacherous conditions tomorrow morning and really throughout the day,” Gleason said. “We’re looking at a morning and an evening commute that we could see some major impacts.”
Crews at a UDOT station in Parley’s Canyon checked and rechecked every plow to make sure they are in top condition for Monday.
While they have to be on the roads, UDOT officials encouraged drivers to stay home — if possible.
“If you have any flexibility in your schedule, it may make sense to work from home or stay off the roads if you can,” Gleason said.
Heavy snow expected over night and into the morning commute tomorrow. Slow down, increase following distances, and be prepared to stop at any time. UDOT crews will do their part to fight the storm and open the way for you. Help them by driving defensively!
— UDOT Region One (@UDOTRegionOne) February 3, 2020
Utah Highway Patrol troopers said they anticipating a lot of fender benders and asked drivers to make room for emergency vehicles. If you do get into a crash, move your vehicle off the freeway, if possible, and call 911.
Stay up to date with the weather at KSL Weather. Watch live on KSLTV.com/live or download the KSLTV app at KSLTV.com/app. You can also get weather alerts for your specific area with the KSL Weather app. Get it on at App Store or on Google Play.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)