Two Missing Hunters Located In Nevada
BRIGHAM CITY, Utah – Two hunters who were reported missing near the Utah-Nevada state line have been located, according to Chief Deputy Dale Ward with the Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office.
Ward said Chad Strain and Lee Peters were found in Elko County, Nevada, on Monday, near the Granite Creek Reservoir. The reservoir is about 70 miles north of West Wendover, Nevada and eight miles east of the Utah-Nevada state line.
Sergeant Nick Czegledi with the Elko County Sheriff’s Office said the men’s phone was last pinged in the northeast part of Nevada around 10 am. Friday. Police flew a helicopter along a popular hunting route but did not see the men or their truck.
Family members said the two were rabbit hunting on Saturday.
Ward said Peters and Strain were found Monday and both were fine.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)