Kidnapping Suspect In Custody After Chase Ends In Crash
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A kidnapping suspect is in custody after a police chase through Salt Lake County
The incident began at approximately 3:30 p.m. Monday in the area of 8400 South and Sandy Parkway in Sandy.
Sandy Police Sgt. Jason Nielsen said a woman got into the suspect’s car, and the suspect would not let her leave. Several hours later, she was able to get away in Magna. As officers were interviewing her, the suspect showed up.
Nielsen said the suspect hit a patrol car as officers tried to stop him from driving away. West Valley City police then took over the pursuit, which eventually ended in a crash near Indiana Avenue and Redwood Road in Salt Lake City.
Police said the man suffered minor injuries and was taken to the hospital. The suspect was allegedly driving a stolen car and had felony warrants out for his arrest.
Authorities are investigating the relationship between the victim and the suspect. No identities have been released.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 8563)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3901)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 3445)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 2621)
- Alleged fraud committed by top leaders at Layton Christian Academy - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2604)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2477)