Vigil Planned For Victim Of Domestic Dispute That Led To Shootout With Police
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A vigil is planned for the woman who was killed in a domestic dispute that led to a shootout with police on Feb. 10.
Family and friends of Natalie Thurber will be holding a candlelight vigil at 7 p.m. at the Eleanor Rigby Apartments, 125 S. 300 East.
Thurber, 34, died from a gunshot wound to the head, according to a probable cause statement. Her boyfriend, Michael Tyson Nance, 30, of Salt Lake City, has been charged with criminal homicide and aggravated murder, among other charges.
He’s also accused of shooting and injuring a police officer.
According to arresting documents, Salt Lake City Police Department dispatch received a 911 call from an open line at approximately 3:30 a.m. Someone could be heard talking about getting hurt and killed. Authorities believe Thurber was the caller.
When officers arrived, they heard screaming and yelling coming from the apartment complex, the report states. Officers also heard two separate gunshots from inside. One of the bullets struck an officer in the lower leg, which led police to return gunfire.
When police entered the apartment, they discovered Thurber deceased from a gunshot wound, according to the probable cause statement. The suspect, later identified as Nance, had fled.
Officers saw “a fresh blood trail” from the back door of the apartment building, according to the report.
Authorities found Nance shortly afterward at a Salt Lake City fire station near the apartment building. Arresting documents state he had what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
He was transported to Intermountain Medical Center. He is currently being held on $2,076,964 bail.
- Utah Mother Of Four Killed In Sanpete County Rollover Crash, Father Hospitalized (pageviews: 8952)
- Civil Filing Alleges Lori Vallow's Niece Knows Where Missing Children Are (pageviews: 8281)
- FDA Issues Warning To Jimmy John's For Safety Violations (pageviews: 7276)
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Steps Down In Surprise Announcement (pageviews: 5353)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 4896)
- FCC Receives More Than 1,300 Complaints About Super Bowl Halftime Show (pageviews: 4378)
- Mom Of Missing Tennessee Toddler Arrested, Says She Can't Take Polygraph Due To Pregnancy (pageviews: 3291)
- One Dead, Multiple Injured In Severe Crash In Salt Lake City (pageviews: 3034)
- Coronavirus Shutdowns Hurting Springville Game Business (pageviews: 2960)