Man Taken To Burn Unit After House Fire In South Jordan
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah – Crews responded to a house fire in South Jordan late Friday night that sent one man to the University of Utah Medical Center Burn Unit, authorities said.
Michael Richards, South Jordan Fire District battalion chief, said firefighters responded to a residence in the area of 10200 South and 3000 West at approximately 11:05 p.m.
When crews arrived, they discovered two people outside the home. The two were identified as an adult brother and sister who were living the house with their parents.
Both of them were transported to the hospital, Richards said. The man was admitted to the burn unit. He is in stable condition.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze in about 45 minutes. Investigators said the fire, which was mostly contained to the basement, was likely electrical.
There’s an estimated $80,000 worth of damage.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)