Police Looking For Truck After 9-Year-Old Hit On Sidewalk
PAYSON, Utah – A 9-year-old boy was struck by a truck Wednesday afternoon, according to the Payson City Police Department.
Authorities are hoping the public can help them find the culprit.
The hit-and-run incident happened at 4:41 p.m. in the area of 100 East and 800 South. Police responded after a boy was hit by a white truck while walking on the sidewalk.
The driver did not stop, and “continued east on the sidewalk and turned south on Canyon Road,” according to a statement from PCPD.
The boy was taken to the hospital in serious condition. His current condition is unknown.
“We would like to thank all those who stopped and rendered aid to the young man struck by the vehicle,” according to the PCPD statement.
Witnesses at the scene said the vehicle was a newer-model Chevy truck with four doors and some type of decal on the driver and passenger doors.
Police are asking anyone who lives on Canyon Road or anywhere in the vicinity to check any security camera footage they may have from Feb. 19 between 4:35 – 4:50 p.m. Any residents who find anything they believe could be relevant to the investigation are asked to contact police at 801-465-5240.
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 33024)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 22249)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 17815)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12809)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8138)
- Teen vandals destroy koi pond, try to harm fish at Salt Lake City business (pageviews: 5410)