Mourners Celebrate Life Of Utah Woman Who Inspired Through Fight With Cancer
SYRACUSE, Utah – Dozens gathered Friday to celebrate the life of a woman they say inspired them through her fight with cancer.
Kim White, 32, passed away on Valentine’s Day.
“For six years she beat the sinister disease, despite being given a poor prognosis and a life sentence of two-to-three months while blossoming into a world-wide inspiration through her unwillingness to let her mind succumb to this corporal contamination,” her obituary stated.
White made her battle with cancer public through social media.
Under the Instagram handle @kimcankickit, she shared her progress, setbacks and determination to overcome to a large following.
“She’s just been such an inspiration to everybody that knows her,” said her sister, Morgan Leishman, on Friday. “Her whole cancer, life has given so many people hope and faith to keep going through their trials.”
Leishman described her sister as someone who “lived for a dance party,” which is why Friday’s celebration seemed like a fitting tribute.
“She wanted us to remember all the good,” Leishman said. “That’s what this is about. This is about celebrating all the good in her life and all these people that she’s touched.”
White is survived by her husband Treagan and her daughter Hensleigh, along with her parents and five siblings.
Leishman said the family had felt White’s presence with them over the past week as they grieved.
“She’s been present in our lives and she is — she’s here,” Leishman said. “She’s here and she’s very happy.”
Funeral services were planned for Saturday in North Salt Lake City.
- Earthquake Tracker - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 18757)
- Salt Lake County Issues COVID-19 Public Health Order (pageviews: 17316)
- Auto Icon Bob Garff Dies From COVID-19 Complications (pageviews: 11857)
- Confirmed Coronavirus Cases Rises To 719 In Utah (pageviews: 8310)
- Father Says 'Stay Home' After 24-Year-Old Daughter Dies From COVID-19 (pageviews: 7692)
- One Killed, Two Injured In Head-On Crash Near Fillmore (pageviews: 4348)
- McDonald's And Other Brands Are Making 'Social Distancing' Logos (pageviews: 4156)
- Utah County Light Display Spreading Hope During Coronavirus Outbreak (pageviews: 3588)
- Court Documents Allege Cult Connection For Lori Vallow, Chad Daybell (pageviews: 3063)