Vandals Smash Window At Michael Bloomberg’s Utah Office
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah headquarters for Democratic presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg has been vandalized in an incident overnight in Salt Lake City.
The front window sustained significant damage in the incident. Campaign officials said the vandalism happened overnight Saturday, sometime between 4:30 a.m. and 7 a.m.
Officials with the Salt Lake City Police Department said it appeared rocks were thrown through the window.
Utah campaign communications director Catherine Sant Marr said roughly 50 rocks were found in and around the window.
An estimate of damages was not available.
Sant Marr said campaign staff and volunteers were working at the office Saturday.
Michael Bloomberg’s Utah campaign director issues a statement about the incident.
“We are disheartened by the vandalism at our Salt Lake City headquarters,” the statement read. “We know that emotions can run high in politics but we also know that even when we disagree, Utahns find common ground in civil discourse. We strongly condemn this act of vandalism but we are laser focused on Super Tuesday and will continue to share Mike’s message about unifying our country with Utah voters.”
Investigators did not have the identity or number of suspects.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)