5-Year-Old Boy Killed In Millcreek Auto-Pedestrian Crash
MILLCREEK, Utah – A 5-year-old boy has died after he was struck by a vehicle, according to Det. Ken Mallory with the Unified Police Department.
The crash happened at approximately 8:15 p.m. Sunday in the area of 2300 East and Neffs Lane.
Mallory said the boy and his older brother were riding a scooter and bike down Neff Lane when the crash occurred.
The street was poorly lit, according to police, and the driver of the car swerved to avoid hitting the older child but did not see the 5-year-old.
Mallory said the boy was hit and run over by the vehicle.
The driver of the vehicle remained at the scene and was cooperating with police. Officials said impairment does not appear to be factor.
Officials said the driver, victim and victim’s family are neighbors and they all know each other.
This is a developing story. It will be updated if new information becomes available.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 16557)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16009)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 13809)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 9044)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7278)
- Missing Massachusetts girl found in Utah; man arrested for alleged human trafficking - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3003)