5-Year-Old Boy Killed In Millcreek Auto-Pedestrian Crash
MILLCREEK, Utah – A 5-year-old boy has died after he was struck by a vehicle, according to Det. Ken Mallory with the Unified Police Department.
The crash happened at approximately 8:15 p.m. Sunday in the area of 2300 East and Neffs Lane.
Mallory said the boy and his older brother were riding a scooter and bike down Neff Lane when the crash occurred.
The street was poorly lit, according to police, and the driver of the car swerved to avoid hitting the older child but did not see the 5-year-old.
Mallory said the boy was hit and run over by the vehicle.
The driver of the vehicle remained at the scene and was cooperating with police. Officials said impairment does not appear to be factor.
Officials said the driver, victim and victim’s family are neighbors and they all know each other.
This is a developing story. It will be updated if new information becomes available.
- Earthquake Tracker - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 18757)
- Salt Lake County Issues COVID-19 Public Health Order (pageviews: 17316)
- Auto Icon Bob Garff Dies From COVID-19 Complications (pageviews: 11857)
- Confirmed Coronavirus Cases Rises To 719 In Utah (pageviews: 8310)
- Father Says 'Stay Home' After 24-Year-Old Daughter Dies From COVID-19 (pageviews: 7692)
- One Killed, Two Injured In Head-On Crash Near Fillmore (pageviews: 4348)
- McDonald's And Other Brands Are Making 'Social Distancing' Logos (pageviews: 4156)
- Utah County Light Display Spreading Hope During Coronavirus Outbreak (pageviews: 3588)
- Court Documents Allege Cult Connection For Lori Vallow, Chad Daybell (pageviews: 3063)