History, Shopping, and Lifestyle: 3 Family Friendly Things Waiting For You At Utah’s Own Gardner Village
Since 1980, Gardner Village has been creating an intimate experience for shoppers, diners, and generally anyone looking for something to do that’s a little out of the ordinary routine. Since they’re celebrating 40 years in business during 2020, it’s definitely time to check out what Gardner Village has to offer, both in its history, as well as great Utah experiences. Here are three things you need to experience at Gardner Village.
1. An Important Part of Utah’s History
The namesake of Gardner Village, Archibald Gardner, was one of the original pioneer settlers in Utah back in 1847. Archibald and his family settled on the west bank of the Jordan river and built a mill in 1853. Nearly a century passed where it was handed from owner to owner until it was eventually left vacant. Then Nancy Long decided to buy the mill in 1979. While Nancy wanted to create a house out of the mill her vision shifted and in May of 1980, she opened Country Furniture and Gifts (now CF Home Furniture & Design). In 1990, she opened Archibald’s Restaurant adjacent to CF Home. But she wanted to take it further, and over the next few years, and using donated houses and buildings, Nancy and her family built an entire village of shopping, dining, and fun.
2. Local Shopping & Dining
No stop to Gardner Village would be complete without a visit to CF Home Furniture & Design located in the historic mill. Locals often compare CF Home to Chip and Joanna Gaines’ Magnolia Market at the Silos in Waco, TX. So you’ll definitely get your fill of shiplap. Plus, find everything you need to furnish and decorate your home in this historic flour mill turned furniture store. With over 20 different boutique shops at Gardner Village, you’re sure to find something for everyone. And there are two unique dining experiences. Enjoy some home cooking at Archibald’s Restaurant, or take in a magic show at Mystique Dining. Or even enjoy a caramel apple or fresh-pulled saltwater taffy at Chocolate Covered Wagon.
3. Lifestyle, Events & Entertainment
Gardner Village has so much more. Let Gardner Village host your special event, meeting, wedding, or party. With four venues to choose from and an ideal location in the heart of the Salt Lake Valley, It’s the perfect place for your special occasion. Take a class, get up close and personal with your favorite farm animals at the farm, break free from the ordinary at an escape room, have professional photos taken, and more!
Learn more at gardnervillage.com
- Police: Missing 4-Year-Old Hurricane Boy Found Dead Inside Home (pageviews: 9916)
- Police: Missing 4-Year-Old Hurricane Boy Found Dead Inside Home – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5751)
- Park City Fire Chief Dead After UTV Crash During Oregon Vacation (pageviews: 5201)
- Hydrologist Reveals How Much Summer Storms Actually Help Utah's Drought (pageviews: 4135)
- Hydrologist Reveals How Much Summer Storms Actually Help Utah’s Drought – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3339)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 3156)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2353)
- No. Tooele Police Investigating After Fireworks Damage Parts Of Neighborhood – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2187)
- Live (pageviews: 1925)