Utah’s Hidden Gem: Gardner Village
This article about great Utah activities is sponsored by Gardner Village.
Since 1980, Gardner Village has been creating an intimate experience for shoppers, diners, and generally anyone looking for something to do that’s a little out of the ordinary routine. With their 40th anniversary fast approaching this May, it’s definitely time to check out what Gardner Village has to offer, both in its history, as well as great Utah experiences. Here are three things you need to experience at Gardner Village.
The namesake of Gardner Village, Archibald Gardner, was one of the original pioneer settlers in Utah back in 1847. Archibald and his family settled on the west bank of the Jordan river and built a mill in 1853. Nearly a century passed where it was handed from owner to owner until it was eventually left vacant. Then Nancy Long decided to buy the mill in 1979. While Nancy wanted to create a house out of the mill her vision shifted and in May of 1980, she opened Country Furniture and Gifts (now CF Home). But she wanted to take it further, and over the next few years, and using donated houses and buildings, Nancy and her family built an entire village of shopping, dining, and fun.
2. Local Shopping & Dining
No stop to Gardner Village would be complete without a visit to CF Home Furniture & Design located in the historic mill. People often compare CF Home to Chip and Joanna Gaines’ Magnolia Market at the Silos in Waco, TX. So you’ll definitely get your fill of shiplap. Plus, find everything you need to furnish and decorate your home at Utah’s own silo experience. With over 15 different boutique shops at Gardner Village, you’re sure to find something for everyone. And there are three unique dining experiences. Stop in for a cupcake or a sandwich at the Naborhood Bakery and Cafe, enjoy some home cooking at Archibald’s Restaurant, or take in a magic show at Mystique. Or even enjoy a caramel apple at Chocolate Covered Wagon.
3. Lifestyle, Events & Entertainment
Gardner Village has so much more. You could easily spend hours getting lost in all you can do. Let Gardner Village host your special event, meeting, wedding, or party. With four venues to choose from and an ideal location in the heart of the Salt Lake Valley, It’s the perfect place for your special occasion. Relax in the day spa, get up close and personal with your favorite farm animals at the farm, break free from the ordinary at an escape room, take an art class and more!
Learn more at gardnervillage.com
- Protest In Provo Met With Armed Group 2 Days After Shooting (pageviews: 32447)
- 419th Fighter Wing To Fly F-35s Over Utah On July 4 (pageviews: 15955)
- Four Dead After Small Plane Crashes In Utah County (pageviews: 11717)
- Police Say Man Shot While Driving Through Group Of Protesters In Provo (pageviews: 7498)
- Missing 9-Year-Old Hiker Found Safe In Summit County (pageviews: 6231)
- Two Accused Of Burning US Flags In Ogden Neighborhood (pageviews: 6026)
- Utah County Names Two COVID-19 Hot Spots After KSL-TV Lawsuit (pageviews: 5354)
- Authorities Searching For Missing 9-Year-Old In Summit County (pageviews: 4976)
- Two Arrested In Connection With Provo Protest Shooting (pageviews: 4963)