Air Force Lieutenant Surprises Sister During ‘Cinderella’ High School Basketball Playoff Run
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A Utah high school basketball player got a special message from her brother before the state 5A semifinal matchup between Mountain View High and Highland High.
U.S. Air Force 1st Lieutenant Mitchell Riley, who is serving as a missile combat crew commander in the 740th Missile Squadron at Minot Air Force Base in North Dakota, surprised his sister with the video message on Thursday.
His sister, Nicole Riley, is a forward for Mountain View, which made the playoffs as the No. 18 seed.
“I just wanted to send a message to say congratulations to you and your team for making it this far in the season,” Lt. Riley said in the video. “We’re so proud of you. You guys have done such an amazing job.”
Mountain View High forward Nicole Riley got a special message from her brother, U.S. Air Force 1st Lt. Mitchell Riley, before the Bruins' semifinal game against Highland High on Thursday.More info here: https://ksltv.com/?p=432121
Posted by KSL 5 TV on Friday, February 28, 2020
During the Bruins’ run to the semifinals, they upset No. 15 Box Elder High, No. 2 Farmington High and No. 10 Viewmont High.
Mountain View’s Cinderella run ended on Thursday with a 54-45 loss to No. 3 Highland.
- Earthquake Tracker - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14689)
- Gephardt: Getting Your Coronavirus Stimulus Check & What It Means For Your Taxes (pageviews: 9166)
- Costco Is Going To Start Limiting How Many People Can Enter The Store (pageviews: 7995)
- What Are Those Explosions? Tooele Army Depot Is Detonating Munitions (pageviews: 7939)
- Davis County Stay-At-Home Order Now In Place (pageviews: 5581)
- Amazon Fires Warehouse Worker Who Led Staten Island Warehouse Walkout (pageviews: 5355)
- 7 Deaths Related To COVID-19; More Than 1,000 Confirmed Cases In Utah (pageviews: 5120)
- Gov. Herbert Extends Public Health Directive, Adjusts Dine-In Guidelines (pageviews: 4993)
- Spring Breakers Who Ignored Public Health Advice Test Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 4918)