Utah Super Tuesday: Trump, Sanders Projected To Win Primaries
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – President Donald Trump and Sen. Bernie Sanders are projected to win Utah’s presidential primaries.
Early returns showed Trump leading Utah’s GOP primary with 87% of the vote and The Associated Press called the race at 8:07 p.m.
“The Utah Republican Party is pleased to see the overwhelming support for President Trump today — the first time Utah has ever participated in a presidential primary on Super Tuesday,” said Utah GOP chairman Derek Brown. “These strong results reflect the sentiment that we have heard from so many Utahns across the state.”
Sanders led Utah’s Democratic primary as early returns came in. NBC called the race for Sanders at 8:27 p.m.
LIVE RESULTS: Utah’s Super Tuesday primaries
Mike Bloomberg was in second place in the Democratic primary while former vice president Joe Biden had risen to fourth place.
Utah election officials reported a record turnout for presidential primaries.
The previous mark of 32.46% was set in 2008 when Mitt Romney was on the ballot.
So far, over 34% of Utahns had cast a ballot in one of 2020’s primaries.
SUPER TUESDAY: #Utah results are still coming in but so far we've had 501,693 ballots cast with a voter turnout of 34% (both record numbers).
— Ladd Egan (@laddegan) March 4, 2020
This is a developing story. It will be updated as results come in.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)