Woman Taken Into Custody After Allegedly Firing Shots In Whiterocks Community
WHITEROCKS, Utah – A woman was taken into custody after reports of shots fired and an “active situation” in a small community in Uintah County.
The incident happened Wednesday afternoon in Whiterocks, Utah, about 13 miles north of Roosevelt.
Officials with the Ft. Duchesne Police Department put the area on notice around 4 p.m.
Residents were advised to leave the Whiterocks area or shelter in place after reports of a shots fired and a woman in the area with a firearm.
Details about the identity of the woman, or why officers were concerned was not released.
Officials with the FBI said the woman was taken into tribal custody just before 5 p.m.
“No injuries have been reported and there is no longer a threat to the community,” said FBI spokesperson Sandra Barker.
Roads into the area were closed while officials searched for the woman, and officials had advised people to avoid the area.
Schools and school buses were advised to keep children out of the area.
Law enforcement officers from the BIA, FBI, and Ute Tribe Fish and Wildlife Department assisted in the search for the woman.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14388)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 5568)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5477)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 5250)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4962)
- Utah's Festival of Trees returns to an in-person event (pageviews: 3162)