Lori Vallow Linked To Multiple Cases Involving Suspicious Deaths, Attempted Homicide
REXBURG, Idaho – While Rexburg police prioritize the search for 17-year-old Tylee Ryan and 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow, three other agencies are also investigating suspicious cases connected to the children’s mother, Lori Vallow.
Authorities in Arizona and Idaho are focusing on four investigations – three deaths and an attempted homicide – all of which are linked in one way or another to 46-year-old Lori Vallow.
On July 11, 2019, police rushed to Vallow’s Chandler, Arizona, home where her then-husband, Charles, had been shot and killed by Vallow’s older brother, Alex Cox. Cox claimed he shot him in self defense following an argument between Lori and Charles.
Tylee Ryan was outside the home during the incident, said Chandler Police Sgt. Jason McClimmons.
On Oct. 2, 2020, Gilbert police answered a call at the home of Vallow’s niece’s ex-husband. Brandon Boudreaux called 911 and told operators someone had just shot at his vehicle and shattered the driver’s side window.
Lori Vallow’s niece, Melani Pawlowski Boudreaux, issued a statement through her attorney on Feb. 26 and denied any involvement in the incident.
“A closer look would reveal many possible sources who could take a shot at him,” according to the statement. “Melani is not one of them.”
Two months after the attempted homicide – Dec. 12, 2019 – Alex Cox was found dead in Gilbert.
During a 911 call, a man named Joseph Lopez, the son of Cox’s wife, said he found Cox in the bathroom breathing heavily and unconscious. When the 911 operator asked if Lopez could lay Cox flat on on his back to start CPR, Lopez said there was feces nearby.
With Vallow’s two children now missing, Chandler police said Vallow is the only person who knows what happened the day Charles Vallow died.
“Obviously we can not interview anyone else in regards to this,” McClimmons said. “… We would love to sit down and talk with Lori.”
McClimmons said detectives did not question Lori Vallow in Hawaii, but say they will likely want to visit her in Rexburg.
JUST IN: Lori Vallow is now in California. Kevin Lunt just sent us this video of Vallow being escorted off a flight at LAX en route to Idaho, where she has her first court appearance tomorrow. #LoriVallow #KSLTV pic.twitter.com/NnDCuTvxEZ
— KSL 5 TV (@KSL5TV) March 5, 2020
Also in December 2019, investigators exhumed the body of Tammy Daybell, the late wife of Lori Vallow’s new husband, Chad Daybell. Tammy Daybell’s death is now being considered suspicious.
Fremont County Sheriff Len Humphries said he hasn’t been in communication with his detectives on the case in recent days, but he expects they will also want to hear from Lori Vallow.
“It doesn’t mean she will want to talk,” Humphries said.
Lori Vallow is in transit from Hawaii and is scheduled for her first court appearance in Idaho on Friday.
On Tuesday, the Madison County Prosecutor’s Office also submitted court records for indicating subpoena duces tecums for the Kauai Beach Resort, Chad and Lori Daybell’s rental home in Kauai, and JJ Vallow’s records at Kennedy Elementary School in Rexburg and the Madison County School District have been satisfied. The Madison County Prosecutor’s Office requested to vacate a hearing scheduled for March 9 summoning the parties to present the documents, in light of having received them.
- No home for tiny homes: Living small hits roadblocks in Utah communities – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 19691)
- Wyoming Coroner in Gabby Petito case determining cause of death (pageviews: 5440)
- Body camera footage not available in Farmington hostage incident (pageviews: 4734)
- Jailed for Love: Why a Utah woman who says romance scammer turned her into an unwitting money mule faces prison time. (pageviews: 4180)
- Search for key that will open mystery door at Utah State University (pageviews: 3776)
- No home for tiny homes: Living small hits roadblocks in Utah communities (pageviews: 3534)
- Autopsy: Actor Michael K. Williams died of drug intoxication (pageviews: 3514)
- Frustrated by city inaction, residents contact KSL Investigators over Salt Lake’s RV Row (pageviews: 2894)
- Gabby Petito’s case highlights racial disparities in response to missing persons cases (pageviews: 1915)