Utah Couple Self-Quarantine After Beating Coronavirus
TOOELE, Utah – A Tooele couple who beat coronavirus is back home. Out of an abundance of caution, they’re now on a 30-day self-quarantine.
They had emotional moment at the Salt Lake International Airport after weeks apart.
“We saw each other, we just hugged each other, and hugged for a long time,” said John Haering.
Haering said the reunion, along with their drive home from the airport, with his wife, Melanie, was overwhelming. Support from their neighbors was overflowing.
“They tied ribbons on the trees and on the door and on our hand rail, and then they honked their horns,” he said. “It was very nice of them.”
They said they are choosing to self-quarantine out of love for their community.
“That wasn’t necessary, but we decided to do that and be more cautious,” Melanie Haering said.
They said things like grocery shopping will now be done online.
“Delivery from Walmart, so what we do is just open the garage up and they drop their groceries in the garage,” John Haering said.
The couple will now be focusing on their health.
“He had it, went through it, you know,” Melanie Haering said. “I was lucky I didn’t get it, but I was around him all the time.”
They said they’re hoping their story will help clear misconceptions about the virus.
“You’re going to be fine, so the panic, you don’t need to do that,” John Haering said.
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 14110)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13553)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 8491)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said (pageviews: 7883)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School (pageviews: 7144)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5583)