Suspected Burglar Is In Custody After Altercation With Homeowner
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A suspected burglar is in custody after a homeowner discovered him in a basement, authorities said.
The incident happened just after 8 p.m. Thursday in the area of 1300 South and 500 East.
After the homeowner found the alleged burglar, a small altercation ensued and at least one shot was fired, according to Salt Lake City Police Lt. Jenn Dietrich. The bullet ended up hitting the ground. No injuries were reported.
The intruder then fled the scene, police said. Officers were able to find him about 45 minutes later.
“My son and I were getting out of the car, and we just heard shots from over here,” said Michael Wolfe, who made the 911 call. “… My son just skedaddled right into the house as fast as he could, and I was following really quickly. I called the police and that’s when all of this started.”
Officials said the man police took into custody is also a suspect in burglary cases from other jurisdictions, as well.
The suspect’s identity has not yet been released.
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 7381)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 7141)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6358)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 6125)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 5376)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3050)