Suspected Burglar Is In Custody After Altercation With Homeowner
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A suspected burglar is in custody after a homeowner discovered him in a basement, authorities said.
The incident happened just after 8 p.m. Thursday in the area of 1300 South and 500 East.
After the homeowner found the alleged burglar, a small altercation ensued and at least one shot was fired, according to Salt Lake City Police Lt. Jenn Dietrich. The bullet ended up hitting the ground. No injuries were reported.
The intruder then fled the scene, police said. Officers were able to find him about 45 minutes later.
“My son and I were getting out of the car, and we just heard shots from over here,” said Michael Wolfe, who made the 911 call. “… My son just skedaddled right into the house as fast as he could, and I was following really quickly. I called the police and that’s when all of this started.”
Officials said the man police took into custody is also a suspect in burglary cases from other jurisdictions, as well.
The suspect’s identity has not yet been released.
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)