Man In Custody After Allegedly Ramming Patrol Car With Stolen Vehicle
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – Police arrested a man they said rammed a patrol car with a stolen vehicle before leading authorities on a chase.
The incident began at approximately 9:30 p.m. Tuesday in the area of 3300 South and Redwood Road.
A West Valley City police detective spotted a vehicle that had been reported stolen. When he tried to stop the car, the driver rammed the detective’s vehicle before fleeing onto I-215, police said.
Police pursued the car into West Jordan where two suspects abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot.
A K-9 unit was able to locate the alleged driver. Police said the man had prior warrants out for his arrest.
The passenger from the vehicle is still at large, authorities said.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 24105)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 8038)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 6318)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 5386)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 3473)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3334)