All Church Meetings Suspended Worldwide, First Presidency Says
Mar 12, 2020, 4:38 PM | Updated: 9:23 pm
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — All meetings and activities of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have been temporarily suspended, effective immediately.
The First Presidency made the announcement with an email to church members on the same day that Utah Gov. Gary Herbert asked churches, among others, to limit gatherings to fewer than 100 people for two weeks, beginning on Monday.
“Beginning immediately, all public gatherings of church members are being temporarily suspended worldwide until further notice,” the First Presidency email said. “This includes stake conferences, leadership conferences and other large gatherings; all public worship services, including sacrament meetings; (and) branch, ward and stake activities.”
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 61519)
- Police: Hoax targets several Utah schools with fake shooting threats (pageviews: 35058)
- Arrest made in Logan Canyon crash that killed 3, injured 2 (pageviews: 19690)
- Three dead, two injured in crash that closed US Hwy 89 (pageviews: 11477)
- 3 victims in Box Elder County crash identified (pageviews: 10071)
- Nashville police release bodycam footage of police shooting school attacker (pageviews: 7725)