U-Haul Offers Free Storage For College Students Who Must Suddenly Move Out
The moving storage company is offering 30-day free self-storage, U-Haul said this week.
“We don’t know how every student is affected. But we know they are affected,” U-Haul President John Taylor said on the company’s website. “More and more universities are giving instructions to leave campus and go home. Students and their parents are in need of moving and storage solutions. We have the expertise and network to help, and that’s exactly what we’re going to do.”
Colleges like Harvard University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Berea College and Cornell University have asked students to vacate their on-campus housing for the rest of the semester. That’s left students scrambling to find last-minute housing, storage and transportation.
Students can reserve a U-Haul truck, trailer or a U-Box — a portable moving and storage container that can be stored in U-Haul warehouses — by showing the company their college IDs.
Students can also get Collegeboxes, a kit of five standard-sized boxes, shipped to them for free. Once all the belongings are packed, the company will pick up the boxes from a dorm or apartment to be shipped anywhere across the globe or stored in a U-Haul facility.
“The 30 days free self-storage offer is typically extended to communities impacted by a natural disaster,” U-Haul said. “This marks the first time U-Haul has extended the offer Company-wide.”
The US has reported 1,680 cases of coronavirus in 47 states and the District of Columbia, with at least 41 deaths.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 98459)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 32060)
- Wednesday's Child: 3 Siblings Adopted Together After Years In Foster Care (pageviews: 5256)
- Draper Man Underbids Developers, Buys Property For Farming (pageviews: 3314)
- 11 More Utahns Die Of COVID-19 As Thanksgiving Holiday Approaches (pageviews: 2532)
- Utah DWR Investigating After Multiple Swans Found Dead Or Injured (pageviews: 2219)
- 26 Utahns Have Died From COVID-19; 570 People Are Hospitalized (pageviews: 2048)
- Utah Mom Warning Others After 6-Year-Old Girl Hospitalized With Rare COVID-19 Syndrome (pageviews: 1878)
- Body Discovered In Salt Lake City Field, Police Say (pageviews: 1836)