Two Men Hit While Changing Tire On I-15 Onramp In Orem
OREM, Utah — Two men suffered broken legs and injured backs after they were hit while changing a tire on I-15 in Utah County.
The incident occurred just before midnight Friday at the University Parkway onramp in Orem.
Trooper Tara Wahlberg with the Utah Highway Patrol said two men had pulled over to change their tire when two bystanders stopped to help. Two men were changing the tire on the driver’s rear side while a third male was directing traffic with a flashlight.
Wahlberg said the car was halfway in the shoulder, and halfway in the lane.
The driver entered the onramp and didn’t see the men, hitting the two who were changing the tire.
Officials said both men suffered “lower extremity injuries” including broken legs and injured backs.
The driver stayed on scene and cooperated with troopers.
Wahlberg said they do not suspect the driver was impaired.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 16557)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16009)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 13809)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 9044)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7278)
- Missing Massachusetts girl found in Utah; man arrested for alleged human trafficking - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3003)