Intermountain Healthcare, U Of U Health Postpone Nonessential Surgeries Amid COVID-19 Outbreak
Mar 16, 2020, 5:39 PM
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Intermountain Healthcare and University of Utah Health have postponed all nonessential surgeries to free up resources amid the novel coronavirus outbreak, officials announced Monday.
As of Monday, 29 Utah residents have tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus. An additional 10 visitors in the state have also tested positive.
This is developing news. We’re working on gathering more information and will be updating this story shortly.
KSL 5 TV Live
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 30730)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 16278)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 11076)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 9663)
- UPDATE: Interlodge lifted at Snowbird, Alta Ski Area; SR-210 reopens (pageviews: 9130)
- Police: Grantsville man shot himself upon police serving search warrant (pageviews: 7166)