Utah Family Sets Up Christmas Lights To Spread Cheer While Social Distancing
WEST JORDAN, Utah — The Nash family is joining in on a national movement to help spread some much-needed cheer during the coronavirus pandemic by stringing up their Christmas lights after seeing a call to do so on social media.
“So we saw a post about two days ago about everybody wanting to set up their Christmas lights just to bring some joy into people’s lives,” said Jorden Nash. “We absolutely love Christmas lights so my wife turned to me and said to me ‘why not’?”
The West Jordan family that lives at 2004 West Arthur Drive, got to work on an intricate, digital display. The lights are programmed to shine to the tunes on their radio program on 99.9 FM.
“Every single light bulb has a computer in it and with that, we can have the computer tell every single light bulb what to be at any time,” Nash said.
The goal is to give families a safe activity to do while practicing social distancing.
“Here is something families can do together,” said Aubree Nash. “It’s out of the house so everyone that’s getting a little cooped up and stir crazy has something to look forward to at the end of the day.”
The Nash family plans to turn on the show every night this week from 7:30-10 p.m.
FM 100.3 also joined in the Christmas spirit, playing holiday music Friday night.
Need a pick-me-up? FM100.3 has switched over to Christmas music from now until midnight to bring up our spirits! 🎅 Listen here: https://fm100.comMERRY QUARANTINE CHRISTMAS, everyone!
- Have you or a family member been affected by coronavirus issues in Utah? KSL TV wants to hear from you. Contact KSL by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is COVID-19? Here’s What You Need To Know To Stay Healthy
- What We Know And Don’t Know About The Coronavirus
- Four Common Coronavirus Questions Answered
- The latest coronavirus stories from KSL TV can be found at our Staying Safe: Coronavirus section.
- Your Life Your Health: How can parents prepare their home, children against coronavirus?
How Do I Prevent It?
The CDC has some simple recommendations, most of which are the same for preventing other respiratory illnesses or the flu:
- Avoid close contact with people who may be sick
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
The CDC does not recommend wearing a face mask respirator to protect yourself from coronavirus unless a healthcare professional recommends it.
How To Get Help
If you’re worried you may have COVID-19, you can contact the Utah Coronavirus Information Line at 1-800-456-7707 to speak to trained healthcare professionals. You can also use telehealth services through your healthcare providers.
If you see evidence of PRICE GOUGING, the Utah Attorney General’s Office wants you to report it. Common items in question include toilet paper, water, hand sanitizer, certain household cleaners, and even cold medicine and baby formula. Authorities are asking anyone who sees price gouging to report it to the Utah Division of Consumer Protection at 801-530-6601 or 800-721-7233. The division can also be reached by email at email@example.com.
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school (pageviews: 24684)
- Idaho father fighting for his life in Utah hospital after dirt biking crash (pageviews: 19330)
- Medical examiner and cadaver dog called to park where investigators found Brian Laundrie's items (pageviews: 9862)
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9476)
- Utah woman arrested on suspicion of shaking, killing her infant boy (pageviews: 6688)
- Suspected human remains, items belonging to Brian Laundrie found in Florida park, FBI says (pageviews: 5928)
- FBI: Items linked to Laundrie, potential remains found (pageviews: 5212)
- Haiti gang wants $17M ransom for kidnapped American and Canadian missionaries (pageviews: 4446)
- Utah family urges caution after 1-year-old hospitalized with COVID-19 (pageviews: 4306)