Bountiful Temple Closed Due To COVID-19 Exposure
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — The Bountiful Temple has been closed until further notice due to COVID-19 exposure and the Oquirrh Mountain Temple will be closed for one week due to potential coronavirus exposure.
Officials with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints confirmed the Davis County man who was Utah’s first COVID-19 related death attended the temple before being diagnosed.
“This individual was a member who attended the temple on a day in the week prior to his diagnosis,” said Church spokeswoman Irene Caso.
Utah Department of Health officials said the man was older than 60 and his case was travel-related during a press conference on Sunday.
They said the man had underlying medical conditions and was treated at Lakeview Hospital in Bountiful before his death.
Officials with the Davis County Health Department said they were contacting those who may have been in close contact with the patient and monitoring them for fever and respiratory symptoms.
The Bountiful Temple has suspended all operations and ordinances until further notice, Church officials said.
The Oquirrh Mountain Temple, which has been closed for maintenance, will be closed for another week due to a possible case of exposure.
“Due to a potential COVID-19 exposure, the Oquirrh Mountain Temple, which has been closed for maintenance, will remain closed for an additional week for evaluation,” Caso said.
Most temples were already operating with limited hours and performing living ordinances only.
A full Q&A on temporary temple adjustments can be found here.
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 17916)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16520)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8565)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7815)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6068)