Two Dead After Head-On Collision In Layton
LAYTON, Utah – The drivers of two vehicles died in a head-on collision in Layton late Tuesday, authorities said.
The crash happened shortly after 11 p.m. on Highway 89 in the area of Oak Hills Drive and Pinewood Lane on the Layton-Kaysville border.
Police said the collision happened between a Mazda sedan driven by a 30-year-old man and a Kia SUV driven by a 50-year-old woman. The Mazda was traveling south on Highway 89 when it reportedly traveled into the northbound lanes for unknown reasons.
The Mazda struck the SUV head-on, and both drivers died on impact, authorities said. The man was ejected from his car.
Officers said the impact was so powerful that one of the vehicles lost its engine, which ejected and caught fire.
It’s too early in the investigation to determine if impairment was a factor. However, police said weather likely did not play a role. Snow began falling in the area after the crash.
The victims’ identities have not yet been released.
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 7381)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 7141)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6358)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 6125)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 5376)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3050)