Two Dead After Head-On Collision In Layton
LAYTON, Utah – The drivers of two vehicles died in a head-on collision in Layton late Tuesday, authorities said.
The crash happened shortly after 11 p.m. on Highway 89 in the area of Oak Hills Drive and Pinewood Lane on the Layton-Kaysville border.
Police said the collision happened between a Mazda sedan driven by a 30-year-old man and a Kia SUV driven by a 50-year-old woman. The Mazda was traveling south on Highway 89 when it reportedly traveled into the northbound lanes for unknown reasons.
The Mazda struck the SUV head-on, and both drivers died on impact, authorities said. The man was ejected from his car.
Officers said the impact was so powerful that one of the vehicles lost its engine, which ejected and caught fire.
It’s too early in the investigation to determine if impairment was a factor. However, police said weather likely did not play a role. Snow began falling in the area after the crash.
The victims’ identities have not yet been released.
- Returning Missionary Tests Positive For Coronavirus, Infects Family (pageviews: 64357)
- New Projection Shows Fewer Potential COVID-19 Deaths In Utah (pageviews: 15314)
- US Coronavirus Fight Enters Crucial Weeks After Reaching Grim Milestone (pageviews: 12307)
- COVID-19 Model Shows Improvement In Projected Utah Deaths (pageviews: 9396)
- Earthquake Tracker - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9396)
- Five New Virus-Related Deaths Reported In Utah; 1,675 Confirmed Cases (pageviews: 4242)
- Renderings Released For Temples In Tooele, Washington County, Washington State (pageviews: 4209)
- Utah House Democrats Urge Governor To Issue Stay-At-Home Order (pageviews: 4151)
- The Pink Moon Will Be The Biggest And Brightest Of 2020 (pageviews: 3521)