University Of Utah Health Announces Revised Visitor Policy
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — No visitors will be allowed in University of Utah Health inpatient, outpatient, and ancillary facilities except under specific circumstances, according to state health officials.
Officials released a statement just before 4 p.m. Wednesday.
The statement read, “Following guidelines from the CDC and Utah Department of health, University of Utah Health is taking aggressive and proactive measures in its hospitals, clinics, and community health centers to better protect patients, visitors, providers, and staff from the potential spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus).”
No one suspected of having COVID-19 or who had received a positive COVID-19 test would be allowed in any of the U of U Health facilities beginning Thursday, March 26. The order was issued to protect the patients and staff.
Officials said no visitors would be allowed in unless under these specific circumstances:
- End of life treatment or care:
- Two visitors only at a time
- Visitors have a one-hour time limit, with the exception of 1 partner/support person who can remain for the duration of the individual passing
- Child birth:
- Obstetric patients may have one partner accompany them.
- For the duration of birth admission, well newborns may have both parents present
- One visitor will be allowed under the following circumstances:
- Patients with disruptive behavior, in which a family member is key to their care
- Patients who have altered mental status or developmental delays (where caregiver provides safety/information)
- All patients who are minors (under age 18) may have one visitor, parent, or guardian per day (no changing people)
The new guidelines will remain in effect until further notice.
- Police Say Man Shot While Driving Through Group Of Protesters In Provo (pageviews: 28867)
- Protest In Provo Met With Armed Group 2 Days After Shooting (pageviews: 25960)
- Utah County Names Two COVID-19 Hot Spots After KSL-TV Lawsuit (pageviews: 21380)
- Two Arrested In Connection With Provo Protest Shooting (pageviews: 21211)
- 419th Fighter Wing To Fly F-35s Over Utah On July 4 (pageviews: 8861)
- Missing 9-Year-Old Hiker Found Safe In Summit County (pageviews: 5093)
- Authorities Searching For Missing 9-Year-Old In Summit County (pageviews: 4976)
- Driver Stuck In Middle Of SLC Protest Says She Feared For Her Life (pageviews: 4689)
- Results (pageviews: 4567)