What You Missed Overnight: Homemade Masks, Unanimous Senate Vote, And More
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Here is the coronavirus news you may have missed overnight.
Hospitals can’t accept homemade cloth masks
Two major health care providers on Wednesday said they can’t accept homemade cloth masks for their caregivers. One woman, however, is still at the sewing machine making masks for other members of the community.
U of U Hospitals have updated their visitor policy
No visitors will be allowed in the U of U hospitals, according to its new policy, with only two exceptions: end of life care and births. Even those situations have a visitor limit, though.
Thousands of missionaries are adjusting to being in quarantine
It’s a new day for thousands of missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who have just returned home from their missions. They’re all under quarantine for the next two weeks.
The number of jobless claims in the U.S. is now the highest in history
A record number of Americans – nearly 3.3. million – filed for their first week of unemployment benefits last week as businesses shut down to slow the spread of coronavirus.
The Senate passed the relief package unanimously
The Senate voted to pass the $2.2 trillion economic rescue package. Now it needs to go to the House before moving on to President Trump’s desk.
Temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are temporarily closed
All 161 operating temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are closed temporarily over concerns of COVID-19.
- Returning Missionary Tests Positive For Coronavirus, Infects Family (pageviews: 64357)
- New Projection Shows Fewer Potential COVID-19 Deaths In Utah (pageviews: 15314)
- US Coronavirus Fight Enters Crucial Weeks After Reaching Grim Milestone (pageviews: 12307)
- COVID-19 Model Shows Improvement In Projected Utah Deaths (pageviews: 9396)
- Earthquake Tracker - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9396)
- Five New Virus-Related Deaths Reported In Utah; 1,675 Confirmed Cases (pageviews: 4242)
- Renderings Released For Temples In Tooele, Washington County, Washington State (pageviews: 4209)
- Utah House Democrats Urge Governor To Issue Stay-At-Home Order (pageviews: 4151)
- The Pink Moon Will Be The Biggest And Brightest Of 2020 (pageviews: 3521)