Second SLC Council Member Tests Positive For Coronavirus
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Council member Dan Dugan announced he has tested positive for the novel coronavirus, making him the second council member to contract COVID-19.
The Salt Lake City Council sent out a press release around 8:00 p.m. Thursday.
Dugan said he began quarantining in his home nearly two weeks ago after he started showing mild symptoms.
“I’m feeling fine and only showed minor symptoms after a possible exposure to the virus. So, I’m glad I tested when I could for the health and safety of my family and those around me, and my workplace,” said Dugan. “I cannot stress enough how important it is to take precautionary measures, including workplace safety.”
He urged Utahns to stay home and practice social-distancing.
“Nearing the end of my 14 day self-isolation, and free of symptoms, testing became more readily available, so I opted to get tested. I am glad I got tested because I tested positive just at the time I believed I was clear of the virus,” he added. “I cannot stress enough the importance of staying home and how vital it is to adhere to social distancing. We must keep our distance and discourage social gathering.”
Council member Darin Mano tested positive for the coronavirus last week. Mano said he thinks he may have contracted the virus during a trip to D.C. where he met with several elected officialsearlier this month.
He also pleaded with Utahns to follow national and local orders to social distance.
“Please be vigilant in all aspects of your lives, and practice safe separation from others,” said Mano. “It is important to take even minor symptoms seriously, regardless of if your symptoms qualify you for testing or not.”
The Salt Lake City Council have been holding public meetings remotely since Tuesday, March 17.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11575)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9563)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 5197)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 3641)
- Live (pageviews: 2740)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2074)