Five Critically Injured After SUV Hits TRAX Train
SOUTH SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Five people were critically injured after a vehicle hit the side of a TRAX train, according to officials with the South Salt Lake City Police Department.
Officials said three additional passengers in the black SUV were hospitalized after Sunday’s crash.
The crash happened around 3 p.m. on 3300 South near 250 West, just south of the Millcreek Station.
The train was traveling northbound when it was hit. It was derailed for several hours while crews worked to clear the scene.
Police did not release a cause for the crash. An update on the other three victims’ conditions was not immediately available.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5415)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 4509)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 3865)
- Police confirm no shooting has occurred at Granger Elementary School; school evacuated (pageviews: 2338)
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 2300)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 2293)