Utah County Light Display Spreading Hope During Coronavirus Outbreak
PLEASANT GROVE, Utah – A light display above Pleasant Grove is helping spread some hope during the coronavirus outbreak.
David Hartle, who has set up various displays near the “G” above Pleasant Grove, invited children to design a light project for the mountain during some quarantine downtime.
The winning design, which can be seen from across Utah County, is an outline of the state of Utah with a heart inside of it.
Hartle said he received over 40 submissions for the project and narrowed the list down to a Top 10.
Designs included a roll of toilet paper, an Easter egg and Pac-Man eating the virus.
Leigha Stoker submitted the eventual winning design, drawing out her colorful pattern on a piece of paper.
HERE ARE THE FINAL 10 DESIGNS!!! Look thru all 10 and then text the number of your favorite to 801-472-2111. Only one…
Hartle said Utah with a heart was the big winner, with the toilet paper roll coming in second and a big, colorful heart coming in third.
Parts from all three designs were incorporated in the final display — Hartle said the outline of the state is white like the toilet paper roll while the heart inside the state was more colorful, like the third-place design.
The Top 10 designers all received cupcakes from Cravings Alisha’s Cupcakes and the second- and third-place designers got a $20 gift card to a Pleasant Grove store of their choosing from Hartle.
Stoker’s design was set up over two nights on the mountain.
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 11601)
- What Does It Mean To Move From Yellow Risk To Orange Risk? (pageviews: 4034)
- Utah Mother Fighting Cancer, New COVID-19 Diagnosis (pageviews: 2905)
- Cache Valley Teen Lucky To Find Cell Signal After Rattlesnake Bite (pageviews: 2515)
- Authorities Investigating After Woman Struck By Multiple Vehicles On I-215 (pageviews: 2261)
- Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting In Roy Ruled Justified (pageviews: 2152)
- Herbert Reports 1,198 New COVID-19 Cases - Highest Number So Far (pageviews: 2150)
- Utah Reports 1,198 New COVID-19 Cases, No New Deaths (pageviews: 2097)
- Man Killed, Woman Hospitalized In Downtown Crash (pageviews: 1993)