Costco Is Going To Start Limiting How Many People Can Enter The Store
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Costco announced it will begin limiting how many people can enter its warehouses with each membership card.
Starting April 3, no more than two people will be allowed with each card, according to a statement from the company.
“This temporary change is for your safety and the safety of our employees and other members, and to further assist with our social distancing efforts,” the statement reads. “Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.”
Costco is making temporary adjustments to its operations. Effective Friday, April 3, Costco will allow no more than two…
The wholesale warehouse stores have also temporarily changed closing hours to 6:30 p.m. Monday – Friday. The gas stations will open at 7:30 a.m. daily and close at 7 p.m. on weekdays and 6:30 p.m. on weekends.
Stores have also set aside a specific time for members ages 60 and older, and members with physical impairments, to shop. The warehouses and pharmacies are open from 8 – 9 a.m. Tuesday – Thursday to accommodate those members, according to Costco.
The stores are also limiting the total number of shoppers inside the warehouses at any given time.
“As many of you have noticed, we’ve experienced a surge of business during this time,” CEO Craig Jelink said in a statement. “As a result, we’ve taken steps to control the number of members in our warehouses and asked that members and employees practice social distancing. …”
“… Limits have been implemented on certain items to help ensure more members are able to access the merchandise they want and need,” the statement continues. “Our buyers and suppliers are working to ensure in-demand merchandise as well as everyday favorites are available in our warehouses.”
- Antibody Testing Shows Many Utahns Had COVID-19 But Did Not Know It (pageviews: 20182)
- Three People Seriously Injured After Falling At Stewart Falls (pageviews: 9674)
- Three-Year-Old Child Drowns In Residential Pool In St. George (pageviews: 9639)
- Cache County Woman Dies Of COVID-19; State Total At 98 (pageviews: 7686)
- Woman Killed After Meeting Suspect On Tinder In Layton (pageviews: 7627)
- White Woman Apologizes After Calling Police On Black Man Saying He Was Threatening Her Life (pageviews: 5371)
- Four Minneapolis Officers Fired After Death Of Black Man (pageviews: 5158)
- Thousands Of Boats Inspected For Invasive Mussels Over Holiday Weekend (pageviews: 5055)
- Lawmakers Want VA To Remove Swastika From Gravestone At Utah Cemetery (pageviews: 4454)
- Woman Talks About Close Encounter With Tinder Murder Suspect (pageviews: 4235)