Sugar House Company Streams Live Meditation Classes During Pandemic
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A business in Sugar House is helping Utahns unwind during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Jessica Florez, with Profile, a company offering nutritional coaching, is keeping the positivity flowing with free online meditation, cooking and fitness classes.
“Not only are we lifting up ourselves, but we’re lifting up each other,” Florez said.
A sound expert, Florez and Profile are connecting with the community through the use of sound bowls.
“I have seven bowls that are seven different notes,” Florez said.
She said each note is working with the body’s nervous system.
“Different notes go with different body parts, and so that is why it’s so relaxing because it is going down to the DNA cellular level of your body,” she said.
Meditation is one of many free online classes the company is streaming live weekdays at 8 a.m. on its Facebook and Instagram pages.
“We just want an outlet,” Florez said. “It’s stressful times, and a lot of people need that outlet. We’re not even able to access a gym right now.”
Whether it is yoga, cardio or meditation, Profile has you covered and it doesn’t take an exercise guru to join in.
“There is no right or wrong way to do it,” Florez said. “Meditation helps calm the nervous system down, so when you are in stress like in these times, it’s working with the left and right side of the brain.”
For more information, go to Profile’s Facebook page.
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7248)
- Surveillance video shows moments just before FrontRunner train fatally hits woman (pageviews: 6434)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 5770)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine (pageviews: 3609)
- Murray awards bystanders and workers for saving woman (pageviews: 3453)
- UPDATE: Police finds missing girl, safe and reunited with family (pageviews: 3124)