7 Deaths Related To COVID-19; More Than 1,000 Confirmed Cases In Utah
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Utah jumped to more than 1,000 on Wednesday.
According to the Utah Department of Health, there have been seven deaths related to the virus. There are 1,012 cases in the state, 91 of which required hospitalization.
LIVE: Gov. Herbert, Dept. of Health officials hold press conference following news of more deaths related to COVID-19
Posted by KSL 5 TV on Wednesday, April 1, 2020
More than 20,000 people have been tested, according to UDOH.
Every health department jurisdiction in the state is reporting confirmed cases. Salt Lake County continues to lead Utah with the most cases (449), followed by Summit County (204). The Central Utah and Southeast Utah jurisdictions have the lowest numbers, with each health department reporting one case.
Most of the state’s confirmed cases – 400 – are in adults ages 25 – 44, according to UDOH data.
Three-hundred-twenty-one cases are in adults ages 45 – 64, and 134 patients are between the ages of 15 – 24 years old. There are 16 cases in children ages 1 – 14, two cases in adults older than 85, and one case in a child younger than 1 year old.
The department of health also reports there are 175 cases under investigation.
- Have you or a family member been affected by coronavirus issues in Utah? KSL TV wants to hear from you. Contact KSL by emailing email@example.com.
- What is COVID-19? Here’s What You Need To Know To Stay Healthy
- What We Know And Don’t Know About The Coronavirus
- Four Common Coronavirus Questions Answered
- The latest coronavirus stories from KSL TV can be found at our Staying Safe: Coronavirus section.
- Your Life Your Health: How can parents prepare their home, children against coronavirus?
How Do I Prevent It?
The CDC has some simple recommendations, most of which are the same for preventing other respiratory illnesses or the flu:
- Avoid close contact with people who may be sick
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
The CDC does not recommend wearing a face mask respirator to protect yourself from coronavirus unless a healthcare professional recommends it.
How To Get Help
If you’re worried you may have COVID-19, you can contact the Utah Coronavirus Information Line at 1-800-456-7707 to speak to trained healthcare professionals. You can also use telehealth service through your healthcare providers.
If you see evidence of PRICE GOUGING, the Utah Attorney General’s Office wants you to report it. Common items in question include toilet paper, water, hand sanitizer, certain household cleaners, and even cold medicine and baby formula. Authorities are asking anyone who sees price gouging to report it to the Utah Division of Consumer Protection at 801-530-6601 or 800-721-7233. The division can also be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Antibody Testing Shows Many Utahns Had COVID-19 But Did Not Know It (pageviews: 20182)
- Three People Seriously Injured After Falling At Stewart Falls (pageviews: 9674)
- Three-Year-Old Child Drowns In Residential Pool In St. George (pageviews: 9639)
- Cache County Woman Dies Of COVID-19; State Total At 98 (pageviews: 7686)
- Woman Killed After Meeting Suspect On Tinder In Layton (pageviews: 7627)
- White Woman Apologizes After Calling Police On Black Man Saying He Was Threatening Her Life (pageviews: 5371)
- Four Minneapolis Officers Fired After Death Of Black Man (pageviews: 5158)
- Thousands Of Boats Inspected For Invasive Mussels Over Holiday Weekend (pageviews: 5055)
- Lawmakers Want VA To Remove Swastika From Gravestone At Utah Cemetery (pageviews: 4454)
- Woman Talks About Close Encounter With Tinder Murder Suspect (pageviews: 4235)