Rescue Team Helps Hiker After She Slipped, Broke Her Wrist On Trail
SALT LAKE CITY — Witnesses and search and rescue teams were able to help a woman after she slipped on ice while hiking on the Desolation Trail in Millcreek Canyon and broke her wrist.
Salt Lake County Search and Rescue was called out to the Desolation Trail Overlook up Millcreek Canyon around 2:21 p.m. Saturday. They said a female hiker had slipped on the icy trail, breaking her wrist.
Several hikers stopped to help the woman, splinting her arm and giving her microspikes to help her walk down the trail.
Search and rescue teams were able to meet her partway up the trail and assist her as she made her way to the bottom. Everyone was able to make it off the mountain just before 4 p.m.
Officials reminded hikers to keep their distance from one another while out on the trails. They also encouraged hikers to bring microspikes with them as most of the trails have mud and ice.
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 6449)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6433)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 6050)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 5371)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3347)
- Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home (pageviews: 3137)