Local Reserve Medics Deploying To NY, Assisting With COVID-19 Efforts
SALT LAKE CITY — Several nurses from the Reserve 419th Fighter Wing at the Hill Air Force Base have been mobilized, and will be departing for New York City to assist with COVID-19 efforts, according to officials.
The medical professionals work full-time in the local community as nurse practitioners and registered nurses, and serve part-time in the Air Force Reserve.
Officials said they were “called up” under an executive order issued by President Trump on March 27.
An exact departure time was not released, but officials said they will be leaving from the Salt Lake International Airport sometime Sunday afternoon. They did not give an exact number of nurses that will be deploying.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)