Local Reserve Medics Deploying To NY, Assisting With COVID-19 Efforts
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Several nurses from the Reserve 419th Fighter Wing at the Hill Air Force Base have been mobilized, and will be departing for New York City to assist with COVID-19 efforts, according to officials.
The medical professionals work full-time in the local community as nurse practitioners and registered nurses, and serve part-time in the Air Force Reserve.
Officials said they were “called up” under an executive order issued by President Trump on March 27.
An exact departure time was not released, but officials said they will be leaving from the Salt Lake International Airport sometime Sunday afternoon. They did not give an exact number of nurses that will be deploying.
- Wednesday's Child: Austin Finds His Forever Home After 5,449 Days In Foster Care (pageviews: 9279)
- Street Painter Sprays Several Neighborhood Cars In West Jordan (pageviews: 5588)
- Videos Capture Beirut Explosion That Shattered Windows Across Lebanese Capital (pageviews: 5531)
- Parents Rally For 5-Day, In-Person Learning At Davis School District (pageviews: 4500)
- Ammonium Nitrate May Have Sparked Beirut Explosion. It Also Happened In Texas In 1947 (pageviews: 2990)
- Trump Giving $35 Million To Aid Human Trafficking Survivors (pageviews: 2792)
- Salt Lake Community College Taylorsville Campus Shelter-In-Place Lifted (pageviews: 2672)
- Massive Beirut Blast Kills More Than 70, Injures Thousands (pageviews: 2415)
- Eight Arrested After Rally In Cottonwood Heights Turns Violent (pageviews: 2170)