Eight New Temples Announced, Including Utah, Dubai & China
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – During his concluding remarks at a historic General Conference, President Russell M. Nelson announced eight new temples, including one in Dubai, one in Shanghai, China, and another in Utah.
The announcement came at the end of the Sunday afternoon session of the 190th Annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The new temples will be built in the following locations:
- Bahía Blanca, Argentina
- Tallahassee, Florida
- Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Benin City, Nigeria
- Syracuse, Utah
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Shanghai, People’s Republic of China
“In all eight locations, Church architects will work with local officials, so that the temple will harmonize with and be a beautiful addition to each community,” President Nelson said.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 6449)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6433)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 6050)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 5371)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3347)
- Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home (pageviews: 3137)