Divers Find Body Of Robert F. Kennedy’s 8-Year-Old Great-Grandson
(CNN) — Divers found the body of 8-year-old Gideon McKean, a great-grandson of Robert F. Kennedy, on Wednesday afternoon, police said.
They discovered the boy’s body in 25 feet of water and 2.3 miles south of his grandmother’s residence in Shady Side, Maryland, the Maryland Natural Resources Police said. He was found about 2,000 feet from where authorities found the body of his mother, Maeve Kennedy Townsend McKean, 41, on Monday.
The two were last seen last Thursday evening.
They were quarantining with family at her mother’s home on Chesapeake Bay. They were playing outside and one of them kicked a ball into the water, her husband, David McKean, said.
“They got into a canoe, intending simply to retrieve the ball, and somehow got pushed by wind or tide into the open bay,” he wrote on Facebook.
The canoe “appeared to be overtaken by the strong winds,” police said last week. The pair were also battling heavy seas, and the conditions were such “that the pair were unable to paddle back to shore.”
The overturned canoe was found about 7 p.m. that evening, police said.
McKean was the granddaughter of former US attorney general and US Sen. Robert F. Kennedy.
She was a public health and human rights lawyer and served as the executive director of the Georgetown University Global Health Initiative.
- Antibody Testing Shows Many Utahns Had COVID-19 But Did Not Know It (pageviews: 20182)
- Three People Seriously Injured After Falling At Stewart Falls (pageviews: 9674)
- Three-Year-Old Child Drowns In Residential Pool In St. George (pageviews: 9639)
- Cache County Woman Dies Of COVID-19; State Total At 98 (pageviews: 7686)
- Woman Killed After Meeting Suspect On Tinder In Layton (pageviews: 7627)
- White Woman Apologizes After Calling Police On Black Man Saying He Was Threatening Her Life (pageviews: 5371)
- Four Minneapolis Officers Fired After Death Of Black Man (pageviews: 5158)
- Thousands Of Boats Inspected For Invasive Mussels Over Holiday Weekend (pageviews: 5055)
- Lawmakers Want VA To Remove Swastika From Gravestone At Utah Cemetery (pageviews: 4454)
- Woman Talks About Close Encounter With Tinder Murder Suspect (pageviews: 4235)