Elderly Woman Dies From Injuries After Head-On Crash In West Haven
WEST HAVEN, Utah — An elderly woman has died from her injuries after crashing head-on into a pickup truck at an intersection in Weber County.
The crash happened early Wednesday morning at the 1900 West and Midland Drive intersection in West Haven.
Officials said an elderly woman was traveling in a silver passenger car, heading southbound on 1900 West. She was in the left turn lane, preparing to go eastbound on Midland Drive. A white pickup truck was traveling northbound on 1900 West, approaching Midland Drive, when the elderly woman turned left in front of the vehicle.
Witnesses said the light was showing green for both northbound and southbound lanes at the time of the crash. The two vehicles crashed in a “near head-on manner.”
Both drivers were the only occupants in their respective cars.
Medical personnel said the 70-year-old woman likely sustained a broken leg due to the crash. She was conscious, breathing, and alert while on scene. She was transported in an ambulance to a nearby hospital where she later died from her injuries.
Officials said the driver of the pickup truck complained of possible injuries, but refused medical attention at the scene.
The woman’s identity has not been released.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)