Wednesday’s Child: Kaleb’s Faith Helped Him Survive Rough Years
DRAPER, Utah – This time of social distancing and quarantine is difficult time for everyone in our country, but for children living in the foster care system, it can be especially isolating.
One of those children is Kaleb. He told KSL TV he misses his friends, going to school and is still looking for a family.
Airborne Trampoline Arena in Draper is usually packed with kids, but in a time filled with social distancing and COVID-19, Airborne had to close down.
Kaleb was lucky enough to get the arena all to himself before that happened.
“My friends better be watching this, because if they aren’t I’m going to have something to settle with them,” Kaleb said with a laugh.
This sarcastic 7th grader doesn’t take anything for granted these days.
“They take care of me, put clothes on my back and put a roof over my heads,” he said, referring to the new foster family he’s been placed with.
“They’ve been helping me with my math, science and just everything,” he said.
Before state custody, Kaleb lived with his biological family.
“It’s hard to talk about so I don’t really want to say anything,” he said.
He says it’s his faith that helped him survive some rough years.
“I think God answers your prayers,” Kaleb said. “I pray to him every night because I’m that type of person who is very religious.”
Lately, he said he has been praying for something pretty specific.
“I have been praying for a family to come and find me and adopt me,” he said.
So far, that hasn’t happened yet. However, Kaleb is learning patience .
“I ask God for a lot of things and he just does the best he can,” he said.
Kaleb said he knows he deserves a family and shouldn’t be in state custody for too long.
“I know my life means more than that,” he said.
In a time when so many lives are turned upside down, Kaleb believes the best is yet to come.
“I just really need a family that loves me and will forever take care of me or at least until I’m all grown up,” he said.
To learn more about Kaleb or the many other children living in foster care, contact The Utah Adoption Exchange at 801-265-0444 or at adoptex.org
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito’s van in Grand Teton National Park – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 43001)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 36575)
- Human remains discovered 'consistent' with description of Gabby Petito (pageviews: 22899)
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14027)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito's van in Grand Teton National Park (pageviews: 13726)
- Private investigator surprised search warrant hasn’t been served at house of Gabby Petito’s boyfriend – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10602)
- Boyfriend of missing 22-year-old woman declared missing (pageviews: 10313)
- Search for key that will open mystery door at Utah State University (pageviews: 10220)
- Possible evidence found in search for Gabby Petito (pageviews: 10037)