Elderly Man Dies After Being Hit By Car In Smithfield
SMITHFIELD, Utah — An elderly man has died after he was hit by a car while crossing a street in Cache County.
The incident occurred around 4:50 a.m. Saturday at the intersection of 100 South and Main Street in Smithfield.
Officials with the Smithfield City Police Department said 77-year-old Smithfield resident Larold Nyman was walking west across Main Street when he was hit by a white sedan traveling northbound on Main Street. They said the driver was unable to see Nyman due to low light visibility.
Medical personnel performed lifesaving measures on scene, but were unable to revive Nyman.
The driver was not injured in the crash. Officials said there was no evidence of impairment on the part of the driver.
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 14110)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13553)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 8491)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said (pageviews: 7883)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School (pageviews: 7144)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5583)