Elderly Man Dies After Being Hit By Car In Smithfield
SMITHFIELD, Utah — An elderly man has died after he was hit by a car while crossing a street in Cache County.
The incident occurred around 4:50 a.m. Saturday at the intersection of 100 South and Main Street in Smithfield.
Officials with the Smithfield City Police Department said 77-year-old Smithfield resident Larold Nyman was walking west across Main Street when he was hit by a white sedan traveling northbound on Main Street. They said the driver was unable to see Nyman due to low light visibility.
Medical personnel performed lifesaving measures on scene, but were unable to revive Nyman.
The driver was not injured in the crash. Officials said there was no evidence of impairment on the part of the driver.
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7375)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 7194)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6211)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5382)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station (pageviews: 4290)
- Centerville wildfire ‘most likely’ caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4224)