Authorities Identify Victim Of Morning Crash On I-15 In Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – One person died after a single-car crash Monday morning, officials said.
The crash happened at 3:06 a.m. on southbound I-15 near at 1200 North.
The Utah Highway Patrol said it appears the driver, identified as Kelton Kluvers, 20, of Blackfoot, Idaho, fell asleep at the wheel. He was likely not wearing a seatbelt.
“A witness on scene stated that the vehicle drifted to the left and struck the center barrier,” according to a statement from UHP. “The vehicle then rolled several times and came to rest with the driver ejected and pinned under the vehicle.”\
Kluvers was transported to the hospital where he died.
Witnesses said the man was going approximately 80 miles per hour in a 70 MPH zone, according to authorities.
“Utah Highway Patrol has investigated multiple high-speed crashes and fatalities during this pandemic of COVID-19,” according to the statement. “UHP would like to remind drivers to drive the speed limit and wear your seat belt.”
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 12560)
- Live (pageviews: 6781)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6738)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 4740)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 3594)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 3326)