Sen. Lee Named To President’s Congressional Economic Task Force
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, has been named to President Donald Trump’s Congressional Economic Task Force.
According to a statement from Lee’s office, the task force is a “bipartisan and bicameral group of federal lawmakers” that will provide counsel to the president on the reopening of the United States economy.
“Utah has a plan and is leading the way in solutions to this economic crisis,” Lee said in the statement. “I look forward to sharing those ideas with the president.”
“We had a booming economy before this crisis,” he added, “and with the right safeguards in place, we will have a booming recovery, too.”
Trump held a conference call with lawmakers appointed to the task force, according to a report from the Associated Press. In addition to discussing the plan for reopening the economy, legislators reportedly also urged the president not to sacrifice public health.
“My highest priority on this task force will be to ensure the federal government’s efforts to reopen our economy are bipartisan, data-driven, and based on the expertise of public health professionals,” said Democratic Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia.
The president tweeted that a “major news conference” would be held Thursday evening to explain the guidelines to reopening the economy.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7943)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 6897)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5569)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 4499)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3945)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3255)