Prince Harry, Meghan Quietly Delivered Meals To Los Angeles Residents In Need
They’ve kept so quiet that they managed to sneak out and deliver meals to L.A. residents in need during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The couple volunteered through Project Angel Food, a Los Angeles nonprofit that prepares and delivers medically tailored meals to chronically ill people.
Donning N95 masks and gloves, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex dropped off a week’s worth of perishable meals and three weeks’ worth of shelf-stable foods to 20 of the charity’s clients last week, Project Angel Food CEO Richard Ayoub told CNN.
The charity’s client base, mostly people too sick to leave their homes to purchase food, has quickly swelled during the coronavirus pandemic, and the volume of calls — up to 70 per day — for help has overwhelmed drivers tasked with delivery, he said.
That’s where Harry and Meghan came in. Ayoub said the pair volunteered twice, including on Easter Sunday, to drop off food (while maintaining social distancing, of course).
One of the nonprofit’s clients told Ayoub they didn’t realize who had delivered their food until the pair had left.
“They were dressed so casually — that’s not how you expect to see them,” Ayoub said. “You don’t expect to see them at your door.”
Project Angel Food is one of the first charities the couple has supported since officially giving up royal duties on March 31. They announced this month the launch of their new charity, Archewell, since the two can no longer use the Sussex Royal brand.
Ayoub said he doesn’t know if or when Harry and Meghan will be back, but they’re welcome to return whenever they like.
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 14110)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13553)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 8491)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said (pageviews: 7883)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School (pageviews: 7144)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5583)