What You Missed Overnight: Rallies Against Stay-Home Directive, Federal Program Money, And More
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Here are some of the coronavirus stories you might have missed overnight.
The Utah National Guard is tackling critical COVID-19 projects
As emergency needs from the coronavirus pandemic arise, soldiers and airmen with the Utah National Guard have stepped up, tackling critical COVID-19 projects from helping to trace patients with the virus, to making masks. Read more here.
Federal programs are running dry
With President Trump’s plan to reopen states in place, thousands more filing for unemployment, and a federal program that just ran out of money for small businesses, there is growing urgency to reopen Utah’s economy. Read more here.
Utah businesses owners are protesting the state’s “Stay Safe, Stay Home” directive
A rally in support of opening business and the economy back up in the Beehive State has been scheduled for the weekend. Read more here.
The Navajo Nation has reported more deaths and cases
The Navajo Nation reported 3 more coronavirus-related deaths and 121 new cases, bringing the total number of cases to 1,042. Read more here.
Social distancing is helping to save lives
Utahns have been social distancing for a while now, and new data suggests the time people have spent apart from one another is paying off. Experts said it’s not only protecting the general public, but especially those with compromised immune system – like this 9-month-old baby. Read more here.
Scammers are trying to take your stimulus money
A South Jordan woman was told there was a problem with her stimulus payment. After becoming suspicious, she called KSL, and consumer investigator Matt Gephardt got on the case. Read more here.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)