Group Throws ‘Inflatable Suit Parade’ Outside Assisted Living Facility
HOLLADAY, Utah — It can be tough being stuck inside an assisted living facility right now during the coronavirus pandemic, but one group delivered a bit of cheer, throwing an “inflatable suit parade” outside assisted living centers in Holladay.
Dinosaurs, animals, and even a unicorn danced to the beat of Tom Jones around the outside of Spring Gardens Assisted Living in Holladay Saturday morning.
The group called it an “inflatable suit parade.”
Bristol Hospice said they have people staying in homes across the state.
Since they couldn’t put on their normal volunteer activities, they brought their own form of cheer right to the residents’ windows.
Organizers said visitation policies are strict right now, with many elderly residents not getting their normal visits from families or friends, and thought they wouldn’t mind seeing something a little absurd.
“Especially with their families not being able to come and actually see them you know face to face, hug them and you know, sit with them, I’m sure that’s got to be difficult,” said Holly Smith with Bristol Hospice.
After finishing a lap around the building, the parade headed to “The Ridge Cottonwood,” another senior home in Holladay.
Residents and volunteers both seemed to enjoy themselves, but the velociraptor had to take a break after his costume got a little warm.
- Utah Dinosaur Graveyard Indicates T-Rex Was Social Predator (pageviews: 23261)
- Homebuyers Warned To Watch For Details In Building Contracts (pageviews: 7053)
- Utah Dinosaur Graveyard Indicates T-Rex Was Social Predator – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4824)
- Utah Man Fights For His Life In Nepal While Family Tries To Get Help (pageviews: 3437)
- At Least One Person In Critical Condition After Wrong-Way Freeway Crash (pageviews: 2490)
- Clearfield Repair Shop Owner Hopes Someone Can Identify Burglar (pageviews: 2444)
- Jury Reaches Verdict At Trial Over George Floyd's Death (pageviews: 2152)
- Utah Teen Paralyzed From Waist Down After Dirt Bike Incident (pageviews: 1991)
- Utah Man Believes He May Have Found Tomb Commissioned For Joseph Smith (pageviews: 1944)