Gov. Herbert Calls Additional Special Session Of Legislature
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Governor Gary Herbert has called the Utah State Legislature into a fourth special session.
The session will take place on Thursday. The governor said lawmakers will discuss how to use federal funds accepted during the last special session and extending the deadline to pay renewal fees for bar establishment licenses.
The legislature will also look at changing the sales and use tax exemption for fuel sold to rail carriers and create a scholarship program for students with disabilities to cover costs at qualifying private schools, according to a release from the governor’s office.
Senate officials said lawmakers will finish their work from the third special session before this newly-called session begins.
— Gov. Gary Herbert (@GovHerbert) April 21, 2020
- Dental records prove remains found in Florida are those of Brian Laundrie, boyfriend to Gabby Petito (pageviews: 13583)
- Parents of 6-year-old girl killed on Colorado amusement park ride file wrongful death suit (pageviews: 6751)
- Warrant: Baldwin didn't know weapon contained live round (pageviews: 6531)
- Strong probability that suspected remains found in Florida park are Brian Laundrie's, family attorney says (pageviews: 5863)
- Recall: Red, white and yellow whole onions identified as source of salmonella outbreak (pageviews: 4632)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired prop gun that killed cinematographer (pageviews: 4318)
- SLC IT employee arrested after allegedly providing undercover police data to human trafficker (pageviews: 3714)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired shot on movie set that killed woman (pageviews: 3468)
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school (pageviews: 3382)