Tabernacle Choir At Temple Square Unveils Updated Logo
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square has unveiled a new logo, modernizing the look of the Tabernacle organ that has for years represented the choir.
The announcement was made during a virtual news conference Thursday with choir president Ron Jarrett and music director Mack Wilberg.
The new visual identity uses simplified organ pipes in a “fresh, modern way,” according to a statement from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
“The new logo honors the visual heritage of the choir and orchestra using contemporary organ pipes,” Jarrett said. “The curve of the organ pipes recalls the domed roof of the Tabernacle, and the strong vertical thrust of the pipes points us toward God. We love how this new look visually represents the work of the choir and orchestra to bring people closer to the divine through music.”
Wilberg said he likes how the overall shape of the pipes in the logo alludes to the rhythm of music, but he also noted it can mean different things to different people.
“I think it is important to note that the simplified logo is designed to allow people to add their own meaning to it,” he said. “We want those who listen to our music to feel hope, comfort, joy and peace.”
The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square’s logo is being rolled out digitally first, with changes taking place on the choir’s social media channels and its website shortly. The first product to use the new logo will be the choir’s newest album, which will be released in May.
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)