Driver Taken Into Custody After Crashing Into Roy Railroad Crossing
ROY, Utah — A person has been taken into custody after crashing into a piece of railroad crossing equipment in Weber County, according to the Roy City Police Department.
Officials said the incident happened just before 7:30 a.m. Saturday at the 6000 South and 2400 West railroad crossing in Roy.
The driver destroyed the arm of a railroad crossing signal.
— Roy City Police Dept (@RoyCityPD) April 25, 2020
A crew from Union Pacific arrived on scene Saturday morning to replace the damaged equipment.
Officials said they suspect the driver, whose identity has not been released, was intoxicated at the time of the crash.
No injuries were reported.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5415)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 4509)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 3865)
- Police confirm no shooting has occurred at Granger Elementary School; school evacuated (pageviews: 2338)
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 2300)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 2293)