Driver Taken Into Custody After Crashing Into Roy Railroad Crossing
ROY, Utah — A person has been taken into custody after crashing into a piece of railroad crossing equipment in Weber County, according to the Roy City Police Department.
Officials said the incident happened just before 7:30 a.m. Saturday at the 6000 South and 2400 West railroad crossing in Roy.
The driver destroyed the arm of a railroad crossing signal.
— Roy City Police Dept (@RoyCityPD) April 25, 2020
A crew from Union Pacific arrived on scene Saturday morning to replace the damaged equipment.
Officials said they suspect the driver, whose identity has not been released, was intoxicated at the time of the crash.
No injuries were reported.
- Man Dies After Being Ejected From Truck During Rollover Crash In Bluffdale (pageviews: 5048)
- Convicted Kearns Sex Offender Charged With Human Trafficking (pageviews: 5047)
- CDC: Schools Should Have Plan For Angry Parents, Face Mask Bullying (pageviews: 4785)
- Gephardt: 'Brushing' Scams Sweeping Utah (pageviews: 4552)
- AMC Is Reopening Its Theaters Next Week - And Tickets Are 15 Cents (pageviews: 4266)
- Alpine School District Teachers Rally For Safety Days Before Start Of School Year (pageviews: 4175)
- Authorities Identify Woman Found Deceased In Submerged Car Near Logan (pageviews: 3456)
- Gephardt: How A Side Hustle Became A Full-time Gig For Utah Adventurers (pageviews: 3228)
- Herriman To Host Nation's First High School Football Game (pageviews: 2539)