Woman Ejected, Transported By AirMed After UTV Rolled In Fivemile Pass
CEDAR VALLEY, Utah — One woman was ejected from a UTV and transported to a local hospital by AirMed in critical condition, while another woman was taken by ambulance after their UTV rolled in Tooele Valley.
The incident happened around 12:30 p.m. Sunday in the Fivemile Pass area.
Matt Gochis with the Bureau of Land Management said four people were riding in a UTV when they took a corner too sharply, causing the vehicle to roll.
One woman was ejected and transported by AirMed in critical condition, with head and arm injuries. Another female passenger was transported to a local hospital by ambulance.
The other two passengers sustained minor bruises and required no medical attention at the scene.
Gochis said all passengers are in their 30s.
He said there’s roughly 2,000 people recreating in the Fivemile Pass area Sunday, and has been that way the last few weekends.
“It is very busy, so drive with caution and don’t take risks you might normally take,” said Gochis.
This is the second ATV roller accident in the Fivemile Pass area that required lifeflight in the last 24 hours.
An ATV driver was killed and another was hospitalized after they crashed.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)