Woman In Extremely Critical Condition After Spanish Fork Canyon Crash
SPANISH FORK, Utah – A 22-year-old woman was in extremely critical condition after her SUV was struck by a semi at the mouth of Spanish Fork Canyon.
The crash happened during the early evening hours on Monday.
Lt. Brandon Anderson with the Spanish Fork Police Department said the woman was driving north on Powerhouse Road in a silver Mazda Tribute.
The woman attempted to make a left turn across U.S. Highway 6 as a semi was traveling east towards the canyon.
Officials said the semi struck the SUV on the driver’s side. Anderson said the woman sustained extreme head trauma.
She was transported by LifeFlight medical helicopter to Utah Valley Hospital.
The semi driver was shaken up, but officials said he was uninjured.
U.S. 6 was closed while crews worked at the scene. The road was not expected to reopen until 7 p.m.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)